Indian-Style Basmati Rice
After cooking butter chicken, I still had some leftover Indian spices and basmati rice. The only logical thing to do was use them up!
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
1 tsp salt
5 cardomom pods
1 tsp tumeric
1 stick of cinnamon
10 green olives
Mixed veggies (peas, corn, carrots, lima beans)
1. Heat up saucepan, throwing in rice and water immediately
2. Stir in salt, cloves, cardomom, tumeric, and cinnamon stick.
3. Reduce heat after it starts boiling. Add veggies then cover and simmer until water is absorbed.
4. Remove from heat, let sit.
5. Fluff with fork, stir in olives. (or try adding them with the spices)
6. Remove cinnamon stick before serving. DON’T EAT THAT! (´･ω･`)
I added in the olives because I found the recipe lacked sodium, and the olives seemed to add that Mediterranean touch that I adore so much… and the sodium, but maybe you could just add more salt… You can use any combination of the cardomom and cloves you want, that’s just the way I do it.